Hillsdale, NJ Homes – Bergen County Real Estate for Sale
Enjoy the comforts of suburban living in Hillsdale. Spanning roughly three square miles, with a population of about 10,000, this borough’s small town charm and world-class services attracts those looking for the ideal place to call home.
CreditDonkey.com named it the third safest place to live in New Jersey in 2016. Aside from the borough’s safe environment, gorgeous houses, a top-rated school system, and a broad recreational program make it one of the most desirable suburbs in Bergen County.
The Pascack Valley Train Line, New Jersey Transit buses, and Rockland County Coach buses provide efficient public transport for those who work in Lower Manhattan.
Hillsdale, NJ Real Estate – Bergen County Homes for Sale
Hillsdale’s housing stock is primarily made up of single-family homes and multifamily properties such as townhomes, apartments, and condos.
Single-family homes in the borough typically have three to five bedrooms, two to three-and-a-half bathrooms, and garages that can accommodate one to two cars.
About 20 percent of the homes here are prewar homes. These are generally modest, two-to-three-bedroom Colonial-style homes that can be found near the town center.
Split-level and ranch-style homes are also available. Most of these were constructed in the 1950s, and have been either updated or expanded since. Newer homes can be purchased in several small subdivisions in the western edge of town.
Townhomes generally have three bedrooms, two-and-a-half bathrooms, and two-car garages.
The borough’s condominium complexes are well-suited to home buyers who want to downsize, while rental apartments are available in the downtown area.
The PK-8 schools here are part of the Hillsdale Board of Education School District, which consistently ranks high in sites like GreatSchool.org, which rate schools and districts based on test scores.
As for the borough’s high school, it’s in the Pascack Valley Regional School District. Schools here are:
Here’s the morning train schedule going to NYC from Hillsdale:
Pascack Valley #1602
|Arrive 06:09 AM
Depart 06:16 AM
Morris & Essex #6604
|06:29 AM||59 minutes|
Pascack Valley #1604
|Arrive 06:56 AM
Depart 07:08 AM
Northeast Corridor #3814
|07:21 AM||67 minutes|
Pascack Valley #1608
|Arrive 07:38 AM
Depart 07:44 AM
Northeast Corridor #3920
|07:58 AM||63 minutes|
Pascack Valley #1610
|Arrive 07:54 AM
Depart 08:03 AM
Northeast Corridor #3124
|08:18 AM||67 minutes|
Pascack Valley #1612
|Arrive 08:09 AM
Depart 08:17 AM
Northeast Corridor #3126
|08:32 AM||58 minutes|
Pascack Valley #1614
|Arrive 08:26 AM
Depart 08:34 AM
North Jersey Coast #3504
|08:47 AM||63 minutes|
Pascack Valley #1616
|Arrive 08:39 AM
Depart 08:46 AM
Northeast Corridor #3714
|09:01 AM||63 minutes|
Pascack Valley #1620
|Arrive 09:11 AM
Depart 09:18 AM
Morris & Essex #6624
|09:31 AM||62 minutes|
Hillsdale has a number of family-friendly attractions, and a good selection of shops and restaurants.
- McSpirit Memorial Park provides plenty of green space for those who want to relax in a quiet, natural setting.
- Go for a dip at The Stonybrook Swim Club, where several pools cater to swimmers with different abilities – from intermediate to elite level. A kiddie pool, playground, and basketball court are guaranteed to give children a fun day out.
- Centennial Field rests on 12 acres, and its facilities include two lighted soccer fields, two lighted baseball diamonds, a field house, and a tot lot.
- Plaza at Hillsdale features retailers like King’s Supermarket, Walgreens, and Sherwin Williams.
- Feast on scrumptious chicken Napoletana and seafood pasta at Della Cucina. The upscale décor sets the mood for family gatherings, business meetings, and dinner dates.
- Stop by at Ronnie’s Bagels, one of the borough’s most iconic shops. Baked salmon salad, cracked pepper turkey breast sandwich, and grilled chicken Caesar wrap are just some of the offerings.
If you think Hillsdale should be your next home, feel free to call the Mischel Group at (201) 851-1781 or send an email to email@example.com.